Questions about EasyBD

Blu-ray and UHD Authoring
Alberto

Questions about EasyBD

Post by Alberto »

Hi,
Please, sorry my English, I'm from Brazil.
I downloaded the trial version of EasyBD and EasyBD Template and I have some questions. Please, if someone can help me, I'm totally newbie about BD authoring. The questions are:
1 - I notice that "Top Menu" have some blank tracks of audio/subtitle, the same number of main movie. Why?
2 - Can this tracks be different, for example the menu track audio are ac3 and the main movie are dts or dtshd?
3 - About Navigation Commands, I read the help, but can not understood some things in example:
On the "First Play" command list what means:
Move [204] 0 // What's 204 and why it's been initialized with 0
Move [2] 1 // Same here.
The SetStream lines refer to the main movie?
4 - How I turn subtitles of main movie On by default?

Well, at last, only an suggestion: Would be very nice if on the EasyBD Template, the "Command list" was commented line per line(or only more important lines), this make newbies like me understand what's happening, and how the thing works.

Thank you so much!

Greetings from Brazil,

Alberto.

Valery Koval
Site Admin

Re: Questions about EasyBD

Post by Valery Koval »

Hi Alberto,

menu from this example was created with Quick BD Menu (http://www.dvd-logic.com/quickbdmenu). This means all navigation commands were set automatically. So, you do not need to see so deep on commands as thay are a little complicated due to special mechanism used by Quick BD Menu that allows user do not think about navigation commands at all. Quick BD Menu allows you just set numbers of audio/subtitles streams and chapters number and you will receive Interactive Menu file (*.ies).

However, here are some detailed explanation:
1. You should have same blank streams number in "Top Menu" if you are using menu after Quick BD Menu. That allows automatically operate with streams in menu.
2. Yes, you can use any "empty"/"blank" streams.
3. Move [2] 1 means to store value "1" in register 2. It has no special sense for you, this is just internal work after Quick BD Menu.
4. SetStream refer to current position, so, for example, if you have Title1->MovieObject1->SetStream->PlayPL MainMovie then this is for MainMovie. Command "SetStream ShowPG_textST:On PG_textST:1" turns on subtitles stream 1 by default.

Hope this helps.
And sorry for my English too.

Best regards,
Valery Koval.

Alberto

Post by Alberto »

Hi Valery,

Thank you so much for your explanations!
But I still don't understand something. I tried to remake your EasyBD Template, using the same files, but the commands in EasyBD "Advanced commands" tab don't appear automatically(the commands I'm saying is the commands for "First Play", "Top Menu", "Title 1") The command list show only something like:

start:
JumpTitle 1

And not the commands commands of your example that was(for the "First Play" item on Title list):

PlayPL 0
Move [204] 0
Move [2] 1
SetStream ShowPG_textST:Off PG_textST:1
SetStream ShowPG_textST:Off Audio:1
Move [1] {PrimaryAudio(1)}
JumpTitle 1

How I generate this code automatically?
I'm using all files from EasyBD Template, including the ies files.

Thank you so much!

Valery Koval
Site Admin

Post by Valery Koval »

Hi,

sorry, I want to say commands in menu buttons are automatically generated.

You can just do not use Tab "Advanced commands" if you will create new Title and add tracks in "Playback sequence" field you will see new commands in "Advanced commands" tab.

Val

Alberto

Post by Alberto »

Hi,

Thank you so much for the explanations!!

Alberto.

Valery Koval
Site Admin

Post by Valery Koval »

New Quick BD Menu version 2 release soon!

All is possible now!

Several very important new features added:

1. Added ability to add new button for all or only for current menu page.
2. Added new menu page "Bonus features".
3. Ability to set required number of features/trailers on "Bonus features" page.
4. New fields "PageID" and "ButtonID" are visible in design time.
5. Ability to add navigation commands to any menu button.
6. Ability to set links between buttons automatically.
7. Ability to set links between buttons in new very quick and visual way.
8. Shows links arrows between buttons for every page.

Best regards,
Valery Koval.