Create "Animated Menu" with delay before display the Menu

Blu-ray and UHD Authoring
drelin

Create "Animated Menu" with delay before display the Menu

Post by drelin »

Hi
I want to create a track for "animated menu" with 2 vodeo clip and a I want that the menu (intergrpahic menu) is only display and active when the second video clip is played.
Like this example :

Track 1 (-> video clip 1 for introducing the menu loop) (time: 5 seconds)
-- Menu 1 (-> Intergaphic menu)
-- Sub Track 1 (-> video clip 2, this is the loop menu video) (time: 50 seconds)
-- Virtual Sub Track 1 (same video clip as Sub Track 1 for repeat loop playback menu with seemless connection)
-- Virtual Sub Track 2 (same video clip as Sub Track 1 for repeat loop playback menu with seemless connection)
-- etc....
-- Virtual Sub Track 10 (same video clip as Sub Track 1 for repeat loop playback menu with seemless connection)

I want that Menu 1 is displayed only when Sub Track 1 and the other virtual sub tracks are played and not during playback of the Track 1
Do you've idea for release this ?
Maybe with "PresentationTime" time function on PSRs values ?

Thank by asvance and sorry for my english

Valery Koval
Site Admin

Re: Create "Animated Menu" with delay before display the Men

Post by Valery Koval »

Hi,

I think there are several possible solutions. The simplest is:
1. Delete Menu Sub Track "Menu 1".
2. Change "Menu 1" Stream Model field from "Non-Multiplexed" to "Multiplexed".
3. Add "Menu 1" as separate Interactive menu file (*.ies) to "Sub Track 1". For that: click on "Sub Track 1", in bottom you can see empty filed "Interactive Graphic Objects", click "Add" button and specify "Menu 1" *.ies file.

Best regards,
Valery Koval.

drelin

Post by drelin »

Thank a lot for your answer, but if I want to keep MENU 1 as "Non-Multiplexed", do you have a another way for the same result ?

If not I'll try with your method but the problem with multiplexed menu is more restricted to place buttons (only in safe area)

Valery Koval
Site Admin

Post by Valery Koval »

I have no additional idea at the moment ...

I do not understand this: "the problem with multiplexed menu is more restricted to place buttons (only in safe area)".
You can place buttons in any location not depending of what "Muxed" or "Non Muxed" menu is. Button location and Stream Model is different thing.

Valery.

drelin

Post by drelin »

Hi Valery,

I've made a test with your method but it works on software playback (PowerDVD and Arcsoft TMT) but with a standalone player I've a big problem :
The IG menu is not displayed only the loop video (tested on SONY player and PS3 model)

any idea ?

Thank and happy new year 2012

Valery Koval
Site Admin

Post by Valery Koval »

Hi,

if possible, send me please link on this Project + assets files on email.

Best regards,
Valery Koval.

drelin

Post by drelin »

Hi,
Sorry for my late answer.

I can provide you the project with IG Menu file but without the other assets.
I work for a studio and the video and audio assets are copyrighted. I've not the Authorization to distribute any material.
Download : http://wtrns.fr/lVZgKbGD1j3Fhdi
but you can just change the asset, the result is the same.

But with more investigations and tests, I've found a good way with IG non multiplexed for the display delay.

I've made my project like as the example described in my first post and I've modified the IG menu on IGEditor :
On the first page with invisible button, I've added a out Effect with no display a set the time corresponding to the delay needed (3 seconds = 270000).

It works great: The video loop menu start with the first clip and after 3 seconds the IG menu is displayed.

Valery Koval
Site Admin

Post by Valery Koval »

Hi,

this is good to know that everything works now! So I skip my research on this topic.

Best regards,
Valery Koval.