Seamless Branching Disk Making

Blu-ray and UHD Authoring
nautilus7

Re: Seamless Branching Disk Making

Post by nautilus7 »

Nice! I'm willing to test TrueHD muxing if you like.

Valery Koval
Site Admin

Post by Valery Koval »

Hi,

ok, thanks, lets try, please write me to support@dvd-logic.com with topic "test true hd".

Best regards,
Valery Koval.

nautilus7

Post by nautilus7 »

Hi Valery,

I tested the latest version of easybd that's supposed to fix several truehd and ac3 bugs, but unfortunately my problems persist (don't know if the bugs fixed were the same bugs I had, though).
I can't author a sigle disc, whether i select truehd audio or ac3. Every time I get "compiling project" message and several minutes after a "compilation finished" message. Every time the output is nothing, though. No file at all.

I have reported my issues before, in this thread, in doom9 and via mail as well and have sent samples.
I reinstalled easybd and cleared all program related files to exclude my system's fault.
I use x264 generated blu-ray compatible AVC streams and Dolby Media producer generated audio files.

Also, I did one last check, so I demuxed (with eac3to) a retail BD. Then I tried to mux again with easybd (only main movie, only video and one truehd audio track). Result was the same. Again, no output at all.

roger72

Post by roger72 »

Hello nautilus7,

Have you checked the muxed maximum bit rate?
I once had a similar problem. The total bit rate was too high.
The default setting max. Bitrate in x264, for me MeGui, is 40 Mbit/s.
My optimal settings, average 20 Mbit/s / max. 24 Mbit/ s.
BD Video movies have a maximum data transfer rate of 54 Mbit/s, a maximum AV bitrate of 48 Mbit/s (both audio and video data).
Maybe this information helps.

nautilus7

Post by nautilus7 »

I usually encode using this x264 command line:

x264 --crf 14 --b-adapt 2 --bframes 3 --ref 4 --deblock -3:-3 --partitions all --direct auto --me umh --merange 64 --subme 10 --aq-strength 1.2 --trellis 2 --psy-rd 0.80:0.00 --rc-lookahead 60 --qcomp 0.70 --b-pyramid strict --no-fast-pskip --level 4.1 --sar 1:1 "c:\encoding\input.avs" --output "c:\encoding\test.264" --keyint 24 --slices 4 --nal-hrd vbr --aud --vbv-maxrate 40000 --vbv-bufsize 30000 --colorprim "bt709" --transfer "bt709" --colormatrix "bt709" --bluray-compat (--open-gop)

Which is the proper way of producing blu-ray compatible streams with x264. If this is the cause of the problem, then it's a bug in easybd.

roger72

Post by roger72 »

Nautilus7,

Yes, this stream is bd compatible.
you check this: --vbv-maxrate 40000, when your video stream has a peak bitrate 40.00 Mbit/s and the thd stream a peak bitrate 18.64 Mbit/s, the av bitrate is to high
i send it a test.264, encode with sorenson squeeze 8 and a mlp and ac3 file. i upload this with rapidshare

nautilus7

Post by nautilus7 »

Anyway, i can't even mux stock streams from retail discs as described above.

Valery Koval
Site Admin

Post by Valery Koval »

Hi,

Please try delete all info files for your project before compilation:
"Main Menu - Options - Delete info files for the Project".

Best regards,
Valery Koval.

roger72

Post by roger72 »

Hello nautilus7,

Here my test files, Trailer Harry Potter and the Halfblod Prinz, .264, .ac3 and .mlp
https://rapidshare.com/files/537271330/Trailer.rar

Regards
Roger

danny

Post by danny »

Hi,
as far as we could trace the bug it seams to be a .NET-framework-problem. EasyBD 2.2.2.0 highly recommend to have the .NET-framework 4 installed, otherwise it will result in an empty BDMV-folder.

In some cases users wont get an information to install .NET-framework 4 while starting the programm the first time - so please go to the microsoft-website, download and install the newest .NET-Framework:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... x?id=17851

this should solve the problem.

cheers

danny